Photo by Harry How/Getty Images
Even as management takes some time off during the slowest part of the off-season, Hockeytown Blog continues to round up the latest Red Wings’ news to keep you informed about what your favorite NHL team is up to this summer.
In Other News
- The Detroit News has an in-depth feature at how Justin Abdelkader is spending his summer, preparing for a season either in Grand Rapids or Detroit. The Detroit News also has a photo gallery and video clip to accompany the print feature.
- NHL.com published a state of the union for the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday. The blog Nightmare on Helm Street commented on the article.
- Dan Rosen, writing for NHL.com, also did a piece on what head coach Mike Babcock is up to this summer as he hopes to keep his team hangover-free this season.
- Darren Eliot of SI.com examines a rash of recent one-year signings in the second half of this off-season after some lengthy long-term contracts kicked off the free agency period.
- Bill, the blogger behind Abel to Yzerman, is not happy with AOL Fanhouse’s top 50 NHLer rankings. Fanhouse named Pavel Datsyuk as the No. 4 player in the rankings on Tuesday.
- The Detroit Free Press takes a look at the St. Louis Blues, who expect to challenge the Wings for the Central Division title.
- Hockey’s Future lists its 15 leading candidates to win the 2009-10 Calder Trophy for top rookie. While Ville Leino did not make the top 15, he was mentioned as a possibility in the article.
- George Malik at Snapshots links to CBC’s videos previewing the different Olympic hockey teams.
- Regan Bartel of 1150AM in Canada is looking forward to watching Detroit prospect Mitchell Callahan this upcoming season.
- Cameron Kittle got a little bored and came up with a fantasy Wings’ team and opposing squad, describing the outcome of the game between these two teams.
- Native Detroiter Mike Grier signed a one-year deal with the Buffalo Sabres on Monday.