Photo by: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images
The NHL released its 2009-10 TV schedule on Thursday, allowing fans to find out which Red Wings’ games will be televised on the national stage. For a complete listing of all the nationally televised NHL games, visit the following websites for Versus, TSN, and NBC.
Versus will air nine Detroit contests throughout the season. The first of these games on Versus will include the Wings’ tilt in Sweden against St. Louis on Oct. 2. Puck Daddy compares the number of games shown on Versus by team to last year’s totals.
Here is the specific breakdown of the Red Wings’ games on national TV courtesy of Puck the Media:
NBC – 5
VERSUS – 9
CBC – 4
TSN/TSN2 – 14
Total – 22
Note: To see the list of games making up the 22 Red Wings’ contests scheduled for national TV, please click on the ‘read more’ link and view the list at the bottom of this post.
In Other News
- Reaction to the Todd Bertuzzi signing keeps filing in from around the media and blogosphere. From the Rink, The Hockey News, Nightmare on Helm Street, Sports Illustrated, Abel to Yzerman, The Denver Post, Snapshots and Tom Benjamin’s NHL Blog offer up their thoughts on the Wings’ most recent signing. A writer at Examiner.com believes that this signing will help to revive the Wings-Avs rivalry.
- DetroitHockey.net notes that Bertuzzi will wear No. 44 and ponders the number choices for the Wings’ camp invitees.
- Justin Abdelkader participated in MSU’s Shoot for a Cure initiative, which the Red Wing started during his three-year stint in East Lansing. On Wednesday, fans paid $10 to ‘Skate with the Pros’ including Abdelkader and NHLer Drew Miller followed by an autograph session. The proceeds of the event went toward the Brandon’s Defense Foundation.
- The Calgary Herald writes about Steve Yzerman’s decision to invite Dany Heatley to Team Canada’s pre-Olympic camp. Jarome Iginla is one of the leading candidates to be named captain for the 2010 squad according to the National Post. Slapshot, the New York Times’ hockey blog, has a preliminary roster up for Team Canada.
- Kyle at Babcock’s Death Stare notices that two more players were invited to the Wings’ training camp — Francis Lemieux and John Vigilante.
- ESPN.com has a roundup of USA Hockey’s Olympic orientation camp that took place in Woodridge, Ill., this week with a special look at the ‘Nasty Boys.’
- George Malik of Snapshots has a transcript of GM Ken Holland’s interview on Wednesday with Fan 590 in Toronto in addition to the actual audio clip.
- FoxSports.com takes a look at roster problems for each Western Conference team, including the Wings, here and here.
- The Detroit Examiner’s scouting reports continue with a look at Ville Leino.
- Darren Eliot of SI.com read Nine: A Salute to Mr. Hockey Gordie Howe this summer and recommends the book to his readers.
Once again, this list of Detroit’s games on national TV this season is courtesy of Puck the Media:
Oct. 2 – vs. St. Louis, 3:00 PM (VERSUS/TSN)
Oct. 13 – at Buffalo, 7:00 PM (VERSUS/TSN)
Oct. 29 – at Edmonton, 9:30 PM (TSN)
Oct. 31 – at Calgary, 10:00 PM (CBC)
Nov. 3 – vs. Boston, 7:00 PM (VERSUS/TSN)
Nov. 7 – at Toronto, 7:00 PM (CBC)
Nov. 21 – at Montreal, 7:00 PM (CBC)
Nov. 23 – at Nashville, 7:00 PM (VERSUS/TSN2)
Dec. 28 – at Columbus, 7:00 PM (VERSUS/TSN2)
Jan. 17 – vs. Chicago, 12:30 PM (NBC)
Jan. 26 – vs. Phoenix, 7:00 PM (VERSUS/TSN2)
Jan. 31 – at Pittsburgh, 12:30 PM (NBC)
Feb. 9 – at St. Louis, 8:00 PM (VERSUS/TSN)
Mar. 1 – at Colorado, 9:00 PM (VERSUS/TSN2)
Mar. 3 – vs. Vancouver, 7:30 PM (TSN)
Mar. 7 – at Chicago, 12:30 PM (NBC)
Mar. 15 – at Calgary, 9:30 PM (TSN)
Ma. 19 – at Edmonton, 9:30 PM (TSN)
Mar. 20 – at Vancouver, 10:00 PM (CBC)
Mar. 22 – vs. Pittsburgh, 7:00 PM (VERSUS/TSN)
Apr. 4 – at Philadelphia, 12:30 PM (NBC)
Apr. 11 – at Chicago, TBD (NBC/TSN2)