Photo by Mike Ridewood/Getty Images
Wings’ coach Mike Babcock has already made his mark at Team Canada’s Olympic orientation in Calgary. You can watch Babcock address the media on Day 2 of camp at NHL.com. With much of the Canadian media’s attention on the pre-Olympic camp, it’s no surprise that Babcock has discussed the roster with the Edmonton Journal and Calgary Herald. James Mirtle breaks down the camp’s roster at From the Rink.
In Other News
- Are you in the Detroit area this weekend? If so, head over to Ticketmaster to purchase tickets for the Red Wings’ HockeyFest on Friday and Saturday. The event includes player appearances (captain Nicklas Lidstrom, Kris Draper, Tomas Holmstrom, Dan Cleary, and Jason Williams), a tour of the locker room, a photo opportunity with the zamboni and Al the Octopus, a special Q&A session with players and management, alumni autograph session, hockey memorabilia exhibits, and much more!
- George Malik at Snapshots has a translated version of a Sydsvenskan interview with defenseman Andreas Lilja. He said that his headaches are lessening, which is very encouraging news.
- Bruce MacLeod of The Macomb Daily notes that Dan Cleary skated on a line with Jason Spezza and Patrick Marleau at Canada’s Olympic orientation camp. “Not bad,” he said, but not the top line there.
- The Detroit Free Press has a look at The Hockey News Yearbook’s take on the Red Wings, including their list of 10 Detroit prospects to watch this year.
- Michael Zuidema of The Grand Rapids Press has his latest installment of The Press Box Podcast up on MLive.com.
- Red Wings’ single tickets go on sale this Friday at 10 a.m. EDT. It’s also your chance to purchase $9 tickets for October, November, and December games.
- Wes Goldstein of CBS Sportsline believes that Chris Chelios will not land a gig with an NHL team this season.