Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images
The Detroit Red Wings conclude their preseason today with a game against Farjestad at 1 p.m. EDT. The game will be streamed live on NHL.com so if you want to watch the game, make sure you head over there to catch the action. Henrik Zetterberg had been questionable to play today, but it does appear that he will play in the exhibition contest and we all know he certainly wants to play. MLive.com has posted what it thinks the roster will be this week in Sweden.
With the Wings in Sweden for almost a week, there’s plenty of talk about this trip.
- The Wings’ official Twitter and Facebook accounts have been updated with fun videos and photos from the trip in addition to Nicole’s blog on DRW.com talking about her experiences over there.
- On Tuesday, captain Nick Lidstrom received another honor — the Ambassador of Honor of Dalarna — in his career. The Detroit Free Press has a video of Lidstrom talking to Helena St. James about the honor.
- The Detroit Free Press has postcards from Sweden here, here, and here. Jet lag has been a problem as the players have fought to stay awake in order to get on the proper sleep cycle.
- Kirk Maltby commented on his first day in Sweden in a video with the Free Press, but The Detroit News notes that the Wings don’t have time to be tourists all day and will remain professional amid all the hype.
- Channel 7 spoke with Lidstrom and Henrik Zetterberg about what common Swedish phrases their teammates should know.
- NHL.com writes about the probable line combinations for Detroit.
In Other News
- Johan Ryno, a DRW prospect, is heading back to Sweden. Babcock’s Death Stare talks about what this means for Ryno’s career and his chances at the NHL.
- As we mentioned earlier this week, veteran forward Brad May was released from his tryout contract with the Wings. He then had a tryout contract with the Grand Rapids Griffins (AHL) where he hopes to make the team with the chance to go up to Detroit as they need.
- Speaking of the Griffins, they have returned to the west side of the state before their season opener on Saturday.
- Chris Hollis at Motown Wings will update the Wings’ regular line and special teams production line throughout the season.
- As part of its 30 Teams in 30 Days feature, TSN has its preview up on the Red Wings.
- The Triple Deke has its preview and pointless predictions up for this year’s squad.
- Unconnected Red Wings Blog also has its preview up for the 2009-10 season.
- Want to win a trip to any two regular season games this year in the NHL? You can enter to win by going on Twitter and doing #NHLPick15, which “asks fans to predict the winning team in all 15 games played on October 3. One fan that picks all 15 games correctly will win a trip for two to a regular season game of his choosing.”