The Wings beat Dallas 4-1 at Joe Louis Arena on Monday evening to earn their second straight win and ended a four-game losing streak at home. Todd Bertuzzi snapped a nine-game scoreless drought with a goal and assist against the Stars. Michael Caples of DRW.com breaks down the game. Netminder Jimmy Howard made 29 saves in the win. The most interesting tidbit of the game was the 10:09 minutes of play without a whistle.
DRW bloggers talk about the win: Babcock’s Death Stare, Big Red Machine, Bingo Bango, Fight Night at the Joe, Hockeytown Static, Motown Wings, Nightmare on Helm Street, On the Wings, Red, White, & Black-n-Blue, Red Wings Blog, Snipe Snipe, Dangle Dangle, The Production Line, The Scrappy Octopus, and Winging It In Motown.
In Other News
- The Detroit Free Press reports that defenseman Brian Rafalski left practice early with a sore back. Just in case he won’t play tomorrow, the Wings have called up Jakub Kindl from the Grand Rapids Griffins. This latest injury update has prompted some concern at Abel to Yzerman, Nightmare on Helm Street, and On the Wings.
- Forward Patrick Eaves will miss tomorrow’s game due to a sore ankle according to MLive.com.
- The Red Wings made their annual trip to Children’s Hospital on Tuesday, which the Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News.
- Johan Franzen spoke with the Detroit Free Press about his social anxiety and being shy.
- Drew Miller scored his second goal with the Wings and has seen an uptick in his ice time.
- Snapshots points out that the Red Wings were the most-searched hockey team over the past year.
- Hockey’s Future has an update on the Red Wings’ junior prospects.
- Red Wings’ prospect and University of Wisconsin defenseman Brendan Smith has been named WCHA Defenseman of the Week.
- The Triple Deke picks out some Christmas gift ideas for a few of the Red Wings.
- Casey at Winging It In Motown talks about goalie Jimmy Howard turning the corner.
- Out of Bounds discusses how important a resurgent Tomas Holmstrom is for the Wings this season.