Photo by Dave Reginek/NHLI via Getty Images
The Wings continued their winning ways on Wednesday, as they beat Central Division foe St. Louis 4-2. The line of Henrik Zetterberg, Valtteri Filppula and Todd Bertuzzi provided all four goals for the Wings. Filppula had the last two goals and one assist, and both Zetterberg and Bertuzzi recorded a goal and an assist. Jimmy Howard, in his 20th straight start, made 30 saves in the win over the Blues.
Detroit is 8-1-1 in their last ten games, as they fight for a 19th straight playoff berth.
In other news:
- Detroitredwings.com points out that Howard is inching closer to the record books.
- MLive’s Ansar Khan reports that Kris Draper celebrated Howard’s birthday with a customary shaving cream pie.
- The Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James says that Patrick Eaves will return for Friday night’s game against Minnesota, and discusses Howard’s chances at the Calder Trophy.
- The Detroit News’ Chris McCosky looks at Bertuzzi’s physical game and how it’s helping the Wings.
- Babcock’s Death Stare apologizes for questioning their faith in Valtteri Filppula after his scoring surge.
- Bleacher Report discusses the Wings’ goaltending duo, saying they might just be the perfect combination right now.
- Gorilla Crouch says the Wings are rounding into playoff form, and ready to roll in the postseason.