Photo by Dave Reginek/NHLI via Getty Images
Wings-Blue Jackets Recap
It was another nail-biter at Joe Louis Arena, but the Wings held on for a 3-2 win over the Blue Jackets Thursday night. Tomas Holmstrom and Pavel Datsyuk scored in the first two periods, and a puck off of Todd Bertuzzi’s skate proved to be the difference in the third. Jimmy Howard, who was honored for multiple awards before the game, stopped 20 shots for his 34th win of the season.
In other news:
- The Wings’ official site looks at the Wings’ three games against Columbus in nine days.
- George Sipple of The Detroit Free Press says if Kirk Maltby gets to play again this season, it hinges on his teammates. Sipple also writes that a Wings’ prospect is a finalist for the Hobey Baker.
- The Detroit News’ Rob Beard reports that the Wings’ top line is alive and kicking.
- Ansar Khan of MLive.com says that Johan Franzen’s defense is making coach Mike Babcock a happy bench boss.
- Michael Zuidema reports that Wings’ prospect Brian Lashoff will join the Grand Rapids Griffins.