Photo by Dave Reginek/NHLI via Getty Images
The playoffs are here!
There are no more regular-season games to post recaps of, so we’re going to cut right to the chase. The Wings begin the 2010 NHL Playoffs in Phoenix tonight (10 p.m. EST), so here are what some Web sites are saying about Hockeytown’s chances this spring:
- NHL.com reports that in the EA NHL ’10 simulation, the Wings beat the Coyotes, but fell to Vancouver in the second round.
- TSN breaks down the opening round series, giving facts and strengths/weaknesses about each club.
- Here’s a quick glance on what all the ESPN experts are saying about the first round match-ups.
- SI’s Allan Muir breaks down the Western Conference quarterfinals, discussing each team in depth.
- The Detroit Free Press reports on what a Phoenix paper thinks will happen in the next two weeks, while their own writers share their thoughts as well.
- The Detroit News’ Chris McCosky analyzes the series, pointing out that luckily for the Wings, there are no shoot-outs in the playoffs.
- MLive’s Ansar Khan says that the Wings are determined to continue Hockeytown’s dominance the last two decades.