Photo by Dave Reginek/NHLI via Getty Images
Game 4 Recap
The Wings came into Game 4 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals desperately needing a win, and they got what they set out for. After almost two periods of scoreless hockey, Henrik Zetterberg scored his first of two goals, and the Red Wings shut out the Phoenix Coyotes 3-0 to even the series at two games apiece. Jimmy Howard recorded his first playoff shutout, stealing the spotlight in the contest as he made 29 saves and one without his helmet on.
The DRW bloggers discuss Howard’s game and the big win: Big Red Machine, Bleacher Report, In Play! Red Wings Report, Detroithockey.net, Gorilla Crouch, Hockeytown USA, Nightmare on Helm Street, On the Wings, Out of Bounds, Word on a Wing
In other news:
- The Red Wings’ official Website reports that Pavel Datsyuk has been nominated for the Selke and Lady Byng once again.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press talks about Zetterberg’s play of late.
- MLive’s Ansar Khan talks about the Wings’ successful penalty-killing during Game 4.
- Michael Zuidema of the Grand Rapids Press says that Wings fans can now breathe a little easier.
- Dana Wakiji of Fox Sports Detroit weighs in on Howard’s helmet-less play in Game 4.
- Detroit News columnist Bob Wojnowski says that Howard has passed the first test, but there’s a lot more to come.