Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images
Game 6 Recap
The Coyotes controlled the special teams’ play on Sunday afternoon, and the end result was a frustrating Game 6 for the Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena. Phoenix scored three power-play goals, along with a shorthanded goal in the first period, to win 5-2 and extend their first-round series to a seventh game.
In other news:
- Detroit Free Press columnist Mitch Albom says the Wings’ legacy is in jeopardy as they travel to Phoenix.
- The Free Press’ Helene St. James discusses the turnover that led to the first goal in Game 6.
- The Detroit News is reporting that Jimmy Howard has upset some Phoenix fans.
- MLive’s Ansar Khan discusses Phoenix goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov’s play in Game 6.
- Big Red Machine had the opportunity to interview former Wing Brendan Shanahan, check out the conversation.
- Bingo Bango examines the Wings’ horoscopes as they approach Game 7.