Photo by Norm Hall/NHLI via Getty Images
Game 7 Recap
In their most important game of the year, Detroit’ stars dominated in Arizona. Captain Nicklas Lidstrom posted two goals and an assist the day before his 40th birthday, Pavel Datsyuk had two goals, and Henrik Zetterberg had three assists as the Wings won 6-1 and advanced to the second round. Jimmy Howard stayed sharp in his Game 7 debut, stopping 32 of 33 shots. The Wings will now head to San Jose for the Western Conference Semifinals; Game 1 is tomorrow at 9 p.m. EST.
In other news:
- The Wings’ official website breaks down the Wings-Sharks series.
- MLive.com’s Ansar Khan reports that Babcock didn’t make the cut as the finalists for top coach were announced today.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press breaks down the Game 7 dominance of the Wings.
- The Free Press also shares a story from the San Jose Mercury News about the Sharks’ Joe Pavelski.
- Detroit News columnist Bob Wojnowski says that NHL teams should be shaking in their boots after the Wings’ win.
- The Detroit News’ Chris McCosky talks about Lidstrom’s play last night.