Photo by Don Smith/NHLI via Getty Images
Game 2 Recap
The Red Wings took a 3-2 lead into the third period, but penalty trouble let the Sharks climb back into the game, and eventually win 4-3. Pavel Datsyuk, Tomas Holmstrom, and Nicklas Lidstrom scored for Detroit, and Jimmy Howard made 41 saves, but it wasn’t enough for the Wings. Joe Pavelski continued his stellar play for the Sharks, chipping in two goals and an assist. San Jose now leads the series 2-0.
In other news:
- NHL.com takes you inside the series with the Wings-Sharks blog.
- The Detroit Free Press’ George Sipple reports on how the league is handling the penalty discussion.
- Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press puts it simply – blame the refs.
- Bob Wojnowski of the Detroit News says the blame is still on the Wings for their back-to-back losses.
- The Detroit News’ Chris McCosky reports that Holland and Nill are in line for extensions, but questions remain for Yzerman.
- MLive’s Ansar Khan reports on the Wings’ frustration level after Game 2.