Photo by Dave Reginek/NHLI via Getty Images
Game 3 Recap
Despite another disallowed goal, the Wings managed to build a 3-1 lead heading into the third period of Game 3, only to watch it slip away. Goals by Joe Thornton and Logan Couture extended the game into overtime, where Patrick Marleau converted on a two-on-one opportunity to give the Sharks a commanding 3-0 series lead. The Red Wings have never overcome a 3-0 deficit in the playoffs.
The DRW bloggers discuss the game: Bleacher Report, InPlay! Magazine, Detroithockey.net, Fright Night at the Joe, Motown Wings, Nightmare on Helm Street, Octopus Thrower, On the Wings, Snipe Snipe, Dangle Dangle, Word on a Wing
In other news:
- The Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James reports that Mattias Ritola and Andreas Lilja may be in the lineup for Game 4.
- Drew Sharp of the Free Press gives his thoughts on the Wings’ uphill battle to get back into the series.
- Louis Aguilar of the Detroit News reports that the Wings will try to stay in Joe Louis Arena next season.
- The Detroit News’ Gregg Krupa discusses the fact that two other teams have overcome the odds the Wings face.
- MLive’s Ansar Khan reports that the Wings are in no way giving up on this series.
- Ted Kuflan of the Detroit News reports on Kirk Maltby’s future plans.
- Hockeytown USA breaks down the Wings’ situation using the hockey movie The Mighty Ducks.