Photo by Dave Reginek/NHLI via Getty Images
Roster changes have already started for GM Ken Holland and the Wings. Multiple sources have reported that goaltender prospect Daniel Larsson will return to his native Sweden next year. Read more in the following links:
- Chris McCosky of the Detroit News says Larsson has signed a two-year deal with HV-71 of the Swedish Elite League, but at the same time, the Wings have resigned Mattias Ritola for three years.
- The Red Wings’ official website examines Henrik Zetterberg’s numbers from last season.
- The Detroit News’ John Bacon reflects on the Wings’ 20 straight trips to the playoffs, best of any professional franchise.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports that the Wings and Todd Bertuzzi are discussing a new contract.
- The Free Press also reports that legendary Red Wing Gordie Howe has received an honorary degree.
- MLive.com shares a link about Datsyuk’s performance at the Worlds.
From the DRW blogs:
- Gorilla Crouch grades the Wings’ defense from last season.
- Big Red Machine thanks the Wings for another exciting season.
- Octopus Thrower says assistant coach Paul McLean isn’t going anywhere.
- Hockeytown USA talks about the hockey still being played, among other things.
- Motown Wings shares a report that Steve Yzerman has turned down the Lightning.