Photo by Norm Hall/NHLI via Getty Images
The summer activities are heating up for Detroit GM Ken Holland. After resigning captain Nicklas Lidstrom last week, the Wings also inked Tomas Holmstrom to a new two-year contract. Here’s a look at what people are saying about the Wings this week:
- The Red Wings’ official website report on Holmstrom’s new deal, and examine his 2009-10 season numbers.
- The Wings’ website also discusses and shares a link about Gordie Howe’s new college degree.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports that contract talks for Ken Holland and Jim Nill are speeding up.
- The Free Press’ George Sipple discusses Wings’ prospect Landon Ferraro’s difficult season.
- The Detroit News reports that Dominik Hasek has signed a deal with Spartak Moscow of the KHL.
- Chris McCosky of the Detroit News says the Wings don’t regret losing Ville Leino and Tomas Kopecky.
- Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports that European teams are interested in Brett Lebda, and that the Wings are now focused on signing Todd Bertuzzi.
Here’s what the DRW bloggers are talking about:
Babcock’s Death Stare ranks their favorite Wings’ prospects.
Big Red Machine reveals that Jimmy Howard stole a job from Chris Osgood.
Motown Wings says that the Wings are still a favorite in the Central Division next year.
Nightmare on Helm Street looks at the number of the player the blog is named after, and how it relates to the Stanley Cup.
Octopus Thrower shares their mock NHL draft.
Wings Win, Eh? says the off-season is going well so far.