Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
The holiday weekend ended with sad news for the hockey world Monday, as it was announced that former Red Wing Bob Probert passed away at age 45. Here is a look around the Web with articles concerning Probert and all things Red Wings.
- The Red Wings’ official website discusses the former Wing and shares photos of Probert’s playing days.
- The Detroit Free Press’ Drew Sharp says that Probert could have been one of the best power forwards of all time.
- Helene St. James of the Free Press shares Dan Cleary’s thoughts on his former teammate.
- The Detroit News has published information about Probert’s funeral services, and reports that his autopsy revealed no foul play.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News discusses the shock of Probert’s passing on his friends and family.
- MLive.com gathers reactions from around the hockey world on Probert.
- MLive.com’s Ansar Khan says that Mike Modano is seriously considering the Red Wings.
- The Red Wings’ official site reports on Modano’s visit to Detroit, and that the team has resigned Drew Miller and Patrick Eaves.
- Chris McCosky of the Detroit News says that Modano is deciding between the Wings and retirement.
Here’s what the DRW bloggers are discussing:
- Bleacher Report discusses the Miller signing.
- InPlay! Magazine talks about the sadness of Probert’s passing.
- Detroithockey.net shares some Probert memories.
- Fright Night at the Joe posts some classic Probert bouts.
- Motown Wings talks about the Eaves signing.
- Nightmare on Helm Street talks about the Modano situation.
- Red Wings guy dot com says that Modano would look good in a Wings jersey.
- The Production Line talks about the cap space left for the Wings.