The Red Wings officially announced the return of Kirk Maltby yesterday, as the veteran forward has signed a one-year, two-way deal to remain with the organization. Here are the latest articles concerning the Maltby deal, and all other things involving Hockeytown:
- The Red Wings’ official website reports that Mike Modano joined his new teammates on the Joe Louis Arena ice for the first time. The Wings have also announced their TV schedule for the upcoming season.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports on Modano’s dream come true, and that Derek Meech was put on waivers yesterday, but he cleared and will be sent to Grand Rapids.
- The Detroit News’ Ted Kulfan suggests that Maltby will start the season in Grand Rapids, and that Ilari Filppula hopes to join his brother Valtteri in Detroit.
- Ansar Khan of MLive.com discusses Modano’s adjustment to Detroit after spending so much time in Dallas.
- Traverse City Record-Eagle’s James Cook reports that the Wings will have upgraded training camp facilities this year.
Here’s a look at what the bloggers are saying:
- Bleacher Report discusses the decisions behind losing former Wing Kyle Quincey.
- Detroithockey.net writes about Derek Meech being placed on waivers.
- Motown Wings introduces their new blogger.
- Nightmare on Helm Street is happy to see Modano on the ice at Joe Louis Arena.
- Octopus Thrower talks about Ken Holland’s next move for the Wings’ roster.
- On the Wings discusses Meech clearing waivers.
- Winging it in Motown shares some links from around the Web.