Photo by Dave Reginek / Detroit Red Wings
Long time, no talk…
The Red Wings will try for a fifth straight win on this six game homestand against the Minnesota Wild. The puck drops at 7:30 P.M. on FS-Detroit, 97.1 FM and on WingsLIVE via DetroitRedWings.com.
Dan Cleary is streaking, with goals in six straight games and an eight-game points streak. Jimmy Howard has very quietly started the season with 10 wins in his first 12 games and a GAA of 2.22. The Wings are 8-1-1 at home and sit atop a very tight Western Conference with 25 points.
A few quick links across the World Wide Web of hockey on this Friday afternoon.
- NHL.com profiles Nicklas Lidstrom, who at 40 years young is second in NHL defensemen in scoring with 17 points.
- The Red Wings official website profiles the club’s new partnership with Amway.
- The Brendan Smithsonian Institution is impressed with the depth of Mike Babcock’s squad, easily its biggest asset through the first six weeks of the new season.
- Matt Hunter at the Bleacher Report talks about the 10 things we’ve learned about the 2010-11 Red Wings through the team’s first 10 wins.
- The ‘Ten things you didn’t know’ about the opposition lists at Fight Night at the Joe are a must read for any hockey fan.
The Red Wings and the DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital are asking fans to bring new or gently-used cold weather wear to home games on Friday, November 19, and Sunday, November 21, as part of the 18th annual Motor City Mitten Madness (MCMM) program. Volunteers from the DRC Burn Center will collect adult and children winter clothing wear and monetary donations at each of the four entrances of Joe Louis Arena to make this holiday season a little warmer for Detroit families.
Fans are encouraged to bring clean, new or gently-used winter clothing articles such as gloves, mittens, scarves, socks, hats and blankets. All items collected this weekend will be distributed to Detroit area shelters and warming centers to help prevent frostbite among the homeless, who are especially at risk of this preventable injury.