Photo by Bill Roose / Detroit Red Wings
Mike Modano is a very painful topic in the Whinged Wheel web world this week after undergoing surgery to repair a severed tendon in his right wrist.
- “You’re looking at a minimum of two months,” Head Coach Mike Babcock told the Detroit News. We have to survive in the meantime without him.”
- Helene St. James spoke with Modano, who provided a picture of the aftermath, safety pins included.
- The Wings official site notes that prospect Riley Sheahan has been invited to Canada’s World Junior selection camp.
- The club also announced the signing of defenseman Gleason Fournier to a three-year entry-level contract
- The Globe and Mail has a nice profile on Steve Yzerman and the lessons he learned under Ken Holland in the Red Wings Front Office.
- Nightmare on Helm Street has a look ahead to Tuesday’s game with San Jose, lamenting on the 18 penalties the Wings were assessed in the first two games of their Western Conference Quarterfinal Series last season.
- Winging it in Motown has a breakdown of the Sharks, who boast offensive threats Dany Heatley, Patrick Marleau, and Joe Thornton.
- The Sharks preview over at The Production Line mentions that Brad Stuart was once traded for the aforementioned Thornton, in the middle of his Hart Trophy winning 2005-06 season.