Photo courtesy of Christy Hammond / Detroit Red Wings
Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words.
The Red Wings made their annual trip to Children’s Hospital of Michigan on Tuesday, bringing warm smiles and holiday cheer to fans who needed it most.
“I know that we aren’t the people doing the research,” Wings coach Mike Babcock said. “We try to help out with raising money. We’re not the people at the hospital, but we can make them smile and I think that’s important.”
Nearly every player joined Babcock in the team’s humbling visit, one that touched both the patients and the Red Wings.
- Red Wings TV and My FOX Detroit have video from the team’s visit to Children’s Hospital, talking to players who understand that this type of experience puts the game in its proper perspective.
- Ansar Kahn of MLive interviews players about the hospital trip.
- Adam Kimelman profiles Nicklas Lidstrom, who recorded his first career hat trick against St. Louis on Wednesday.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN writes a glowing story about the Red Wing captain. Chris Osgood provides the video interview.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News has more on Lidstrom’s historic hat trick.
- The Red Wings Blog gives credit to FOX Sports Detroit for mentioning that Lidstrom and Pavel Datsyuk have had plenty of two goal games, but that neither had posted a hat trick until last night.
- The Bleacher Report takes a look at the 20 best draft picks in Wings history