Darren Helm hit the 10-goal mark in Wednesday’s 2-1 loss to Los Angeles.
It would be easy to ignore Helm on a team with such depth and talent. He is one of those players that you appreciate by watching on a game-by-game basis. He grinds. He flies. He can create opportunities in a split-second. Those are your game changers, even if they don’t score 30 goals a season.
The Wings also controlled the first period, a notorious trouble spot for the team this season. Detroit outshot Los Angeles 10-1 at the start and 11-3 after the first 20 minutes of play.
Then we have Chris Osgood, who has worked his tail off with Jim Bedard, hoping to return sooner rather than later from sports hernia surgery. We’re also hopeful to see Brian Rafalski and Patrick Eaves on the ice in the near future. Like you, our fingers are crossed for a healthy roster come playoff time.
On to the links…
- Ansar Kahn has more on Darren Helm.
- Winging it Motown has your Wings-Kings breakdown.
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star notes that this hasn’t been the best week for Gary Bettman.
- Zdeno Chara’s hit on Max Pacioretty has caused quite a stir around the league, especially from some Canadiens fans who tied up Montreal’s emergency response system yesterday.
- Looking forward to meeting some of our most loyal bloggers at Friday’s H2H2 event. Check out the event’s website and Twitter feed by clicking the links!