It could have been much worse.
As I walked out of the Joe on Saturday, Jimmy Howard was right behind me. Suit and tie, showered, telling everyone he’d be fine. It was like nothing had ever happened.
An MRI and a sprained shoulder isn’t the best birthday present a 27 year-old could ask for. Yet, avoiding a serious injury with the playoffs around the corner was a blessing in disguise.
The Red Wings won Saturday’s game over Toronto 4-2, with Howard’s replacement, Joey MacDonald, getting a much-deserved W in the record book. Joey Mac has not allowed a goal in 109 minutes and 45 seconds. His goals-against-average is a stellar 2.05 and he has a knack for keeping his team in the game under any circumstances.
And in six of those occasions, they’ve come in relief. Fingers-crossed the Tigers have a bunch of Joey MacDonald types coming out of the bullpen this season.
- The Wings and DTE Energy are ‘Going Green’! Learn more about Wednesday’s promotion here.
- Classrooms in Newfoundland are about to see more of local hero Danny Cleary.
- The Hockey Blogette has a profile of a blogger named Christina, also known as @franzenmuth.
- Sarah from A Neuie Perspective celebrates her birthday today with a little Red Wings-Blackhawks game preview.
- There’s no need to panic over on the Nightmare on Helm Street.