Jakub Kindl was no stranger to Detroit during the three-month offseason, attending Tigers games at Comerica Park, season ticket holder luncheons at the Joe, along with a bevy of other local activities.
While he did manage to get home to the Czech Republic, Kindl joked that the amount of rain the country had seen over the last few months made his Michigan decision a wise one. After all, the state’s summer conditions and landscape provided ample opportunity for the 24 year-old to find some adventure.
“You guys have so many lakes, they’re like oceans,” Kindl said. “Where I’m from, we don’t even have that many lakes, and they’re not that big.”
“I’ve never driven a boat before and I had a buddy who had one and let me drive it. All in all, it was a great experience.”
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- With the retirements of Kris Draper and Chris Osgood, Nick Lidstrom and Tomas Holmstrom are the last pieces of the Golden Era.
- Speaking of Chris Osgood, he’s been around Joe Louis Arena, this time in a coaching capacity.
- The Nightmare on Helm Street chimes in on the first of many pre-season rankings that will surface over the next few weeks.
- Dynasty, or not a dynasty. That’s the debate on Winging it in Motown.
- Mr. Ice Guy offers his take of the 25 coolest goalie masks of all-time.