What is Social Saturday?
Today marks our first ‘Social Saturday’ of the 2011-12 season, a series of promotional dates, with our partner 98.7 AMP Radio Detroit.
These special days are for you, about you, by you, even if yours truly penned this blog post.
We’ve polled, surveyed and chatted with fans throughout the summer months. You want more opportunities to connect with us. You want more autographed giveaways. You want any opportunity to get into Joe Louis Arena and cheer on the likes of Lidstrom, Holmstrom and Zetterberg. And for those of you outside of Michigan, you want an opportunity to meet us face-to-face, on the road.
This is our first step in doing so.
What can you expect in 2011-12?
The U.S. Park Ticket Deal of the Week
– This special ticket deal will take place every week. It will be a limited number of tickets, at a special price for our followers on social media. We suggest setting up a Ticketmaster account beforehand, just to make the ordering process move quicker.
Blogger of the Week
– We know our fans have opinions, lots of them. We also know that you love having a platform and an audience to express your point of view. Thus, we’re asking you to submit your favorite blog (and it could be your own), to become our ‘Blogger of the Week..’ Each week, one Red Wings, or hockey related site will be linked to the Red Wings social networks on Facebook and Twitter. It’s an easy opportunity to attract an audience and new fans to your work.
You can submit your blog to email@example.com starting, well .. right now.
More Tweet Your Seat Giveaways
– We’ve already showcased why you should ‘Tweet Your Seat’ when you come to the Joe. It’s your opportunity to win tickets, autographed merchandise, video games and so much more.
– Have you ever wanted to ride on the Zamboni? During Social Saturday home games, fans will have the opportunity to win a ride on the famed Joe Louis Arena machines.
– The fine folks at EA Sports made me the most popular man in the office recently, with a shipment of NHL 2012 copies for giveaways during Social Saturdays. I’ve had to fend off the gamers here at the Joe to protect this valuable piece of inventory, but expect one of these to be given away to you, each home Social Saturday.
– We’re hoping to have our first on October 29th in Minnesota, at a place right across the street from the Xcel Energy Center. More details will follow over the next few weeks.
DTE Energy ‘Light the Lamp’ games
– Each Social Saturday home game will also be designated as a ‘Light the Lamp’ event on social media. If the Red Wings score four or more goals in that game, as they did last night, fans will be able to tweet #lightthelamp at @DetroitRedWings and @DTE_Energy for a chance to win a pair of tickets to DTE Energy ‘Going Green Night’ in March.
This is just the short list. The theme of ‘Social Saturday’ is to reward you, the most loyal fan base in the National Hockey League, where you follow your team. We’re always here to serve you.
Follow Jake Duhaime on Twitter at @jakeduhaime