On Friday, following the Red Wings morning skate at Joe Louis Arena, rookie forward Cory Emmerton tweeted out the following.
“#48 in your program and probably #48 in your hearts haha.”
“Hopefully, it will get me more followers,” Emmerton joked after the game, as he was reminded of his prophetic Tweet.
As for everything else Red Wings related over the first two games of the 2011-12 campaign, so far, so good. It’s hard to argue with two wins, four points and a balanced attack, even if Mike Babcock wasn’t impressed with the final 20 minutes of his team’s performance in the opener.
The defending Western Conference champion Vancouver Canucks are in town on Thursday. It marks the first of six player bobble head nights at Joe Louis Arena this season.
Here are the news and notes from across the Winged Wide Web.
- “We’re the underdog in America,” Ilitch Holdings President and CEO Chris Ilitch told the Wall Street Journal, in regards to Detroit sports having a positive effect on the city’s comeback. “We have so much upside potential.”
- The Nightmare on Helm Street offers up a fine breakdown of Henrik Zetterberg’s goal against Colorado.
- A Neuie Perspective is looking for your Red Wings photos.
- Matt Saler at ‘On the Wings’ has the latest on the Brendan Smith suspension, which actually led to him being called up to the big club on Saturday.
- Red Wings Brazil has a breakdown of Saturday’s 3-0 win over Colorado. The Google Translated headline is aptly titled, “The World is Still Beautiful.”
- Winging it in Motown with their regular list of X reasons.
- The Octopus Thrower has three not so bold predictions for the 2011-12 season.
- NHL Hockey is back in Winnipeg.