Author Archives: Jake Duhaime

About Jake Duhaime

Social Networking Manager for the Detroit Red Wings

Seven more years of Kronwalling!

NEWS ITEM: The Detroit Red Wings have agreed to terms with defenseman Niklas Kronwall on a seven-year contract extension, which means we’ll see more Kronwalling throughout the Metro Detroit area.

Posted in Around the Rink, Detroit Red Wings | 2 Comments

Covering the Red Wings

I’m handing the keys off on this week’s Social Saturday blog post to Richard Curbelo, a blogger and freelance journalist who has been covering Detroit sports for over two decades. I have given him a few questions that should spark … Continue reading

Posted in Social Saturday, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

The whole ping-pong thing

Not too long ago, a pair of ping-pong tables showed up outside the hallway between the locker rooms. And it took, give or take, five minutes for them to become a source of competition among our players. Almost every day … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Locker Room Comments – October 26th

Thought I lost this when my browser malfunctioned. It’s still worth posting. Locker room comments following practice on October 26th. Thanks to Rich Curbelo, friend of the Hockeytown Blog for gathering the audio and winning the battle of the scrum. … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment

Tweeting at 30,000 feet

Last season, we didn’t have any players that used Twitter. This season, we’ve got a pair, three when Brendan Smith is up with the big club. And after Saturday’s win over Minnesota, someone put the three players on our club … Continue reading

Posted in Social Saturday | 3 Comments

The skinny on DRW Social Media

What do I do and what am I doing here? There are two hockey cards that sit on the wall to the right of my desk. One is of Bobby Orr, the other of Niklas Lidstrom. Next to those two … Continue reading

Posted in Around the Rink, Social Saturday | 1 Comment

Off the Schneide

The Vancouver Canucks are in town tonight and if you needed a scouting report, the defending Western Conference champions not only have a pair of very-skilled twin forwards, but two quality goaltenders. Roberto Luongo was the Vancouver starter in last … Continue reading

Posted in Around the Rink | Leave a comment

Two wins down, 80 games to go.

On Friday, following the Red Wings morning skate at Joe Louis Arena, rookie forward Cory Emmerton tweeted out the following. “#48 in your program and probably #48 in your hearts haha.” If Emmerton scores more goals, as he did in … Continue reading

Posted in Around the Rink | 1 Comment

Welcome to Social Saturday!

What is Social Saturday? Today marks our first ‘Social Saturday’ of the 2011-12 season, a series of promotional dates, with our partner 98.7 AMP Radio Detroit. These special days are for you, about you, by you, even if yours truly … Continue reading

Posted in Around the Rink, Social Saturday | 1 Comment

Almost Showtime

Long time, no blog. Have you ever worked on a play before? There’s an old saying that 10 percent of the work happens in the first weeks of a production and that the other 90 percent are a last minute … Continue reading

Posted in Detroit Red Wings, NHL | Leave a comment